In 1874, the Oberlin News (Oberlin, Ohio: 1873) merged with the Amherst Free Press and became The Oberlin Weekly News.
In 1891, the The Oberlin Weekly News changed its title to the Oberlin News.
It was later sold to Mayo Wood a former Journal employee. He sold the News-Tribune to the Gazette publishing company in Bellevue in 1988. Brown Publishing purchased the News-Tribune and all the Gazette Publishing papers in 2006.
In 2012 the Enterprise was purchased by a new media company, Civitas Media llc. Located in Davidson, North Carolina on the shores of Lake Norman, Civitas Media encompasses over 100 publications, many of which have served their communities for over a century. Civitas, Latin for “community” or citizen” is a union of four media entities formerly known as Heartland Publications, Freedom Central, Impressions Media and Ohio Community Media. Civitas, which employs over 1400 associates across 11 states including North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Kentucky and Tennessee, publishes 35 daily, 28 weekend editions and 63 weekly publications for a combined circulation of over 1.6 million.
Through the delivery of targeted news and advertising, the company strives to provide the highest quality subscriber and advertiser vehicles to our business customers and information consumers.
Today, the Oberlin News-Tribune has a circulation of just under 1,000 households.