SPECIAL REPORT: Spectacle outside the RNC
City manager search: Council selects four semifinalists
Silva returns, finds RNC protesters
Grant will pay for expanding clinic’s dental services
Local congressmen oppose Dem’s gun control proposals
- Last chance for Firelands construction vote - 1:39 pm
- PHOTOS: At RNC, signs of the times - 9:37 am
- SPECIAL REPORT: Spectacle outside the RNC - 10:43 am
- Three show off trade skills in Kentucky - 12:58 pm
- NOYO launches new wind ensemble - 11:45 am
- Dangerous heat in the weekend forecast - 9:42 am
- PEACE OFFERING TO GOP - 5:12 pm
- City manager search: Council selects four semifinalists - 3:13 pm updated: 3:13 pm.
- POLICE REPORTS - 2:34 pm
- OPL won’t boycott fair despite Confederate flag sales - 12:12 pm
- Pittsfield body identified, killer pleads guilty - 11:28 am
- Why is outdoor fitness equipment still wrapped up? - 11:05 am updated: 11:06 am.
- Underground economy: Halloween coffin-maker enjoys hobby - 10:54 am
- Police: Assault suspect fought with officers - 10:50 am
- New phase of Underground Railroad Center work moves ahead - 7:25 pm
- Cyclist dies at Metro after New Russia crash - 7:07 pm updated: 3:19 pm.
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:47 pm
- GUN SHOW: Good guy or a gunman? - 1:30 pm
- LCT driver laments cutbacks, says busing levy is needed - 11:49 am
- Silva returns, finds RNC protesters - 11:35 am
- Hoops heroes at 34th Outdoor Basketball Festival - 10:05 am
- Route to nowhere: Dedicated public bus tax nixed - 3:00 pm
- Hotels, motels swell with RNC visitors - 2:49 pm
- Man escapes serious injury in rollover - 4:57 pm
- Lawsuit settlement paved way for spaces - 12:48 pm
- More to be spent on energy projects - 2:17 pm
- Petitions aim to force referendum on RECs - 2:01 pm updated: 2:12 pm.
- FORE! Great day for golfers - 1:25 pm
- After foot chase, deputy gives homeless man his sandwich - 1:15 pm
- Spray crews working to stop mosquito breeding - 12:49 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 10:33 am
- GOTTA CATCH ‘EM ALL! Pokemon fever hits - 10:48 am
- Two guilty in child rape, nude photos case - 12:40 pm
- FARE DEAL: Transit group seeks 50-50 split of proposed sales tax - 11:06 am
- Fines, seizures planned for bikes illegally parked on sidewalks - 9:45 am
- Familiar faces among 41 applicants in Oberlin city manager search - 4:01 pm updated: 5:28 pm.
- POLICE REPORTS - 3:03 pm updated: 3:03 pm.
- Wellington equestrian gallops in Oklahoma - 10:10 am
- Taxpayers continue paying to bus students to private school - 10:06 am
- Grant will pay for expanding clinic’s dental services - 9:55 am
- Pipers practice on Tappan Square - 1:30 pm
- Former minor league pitcher hired as Phoenix athletic director - 1:25 pm
- On pace for hottest year on record - 11:23 am
- Local congressmen oppose Dem’s gun control proposals - 11:03 am
- Celebrating our nation’s independence - 2:39 pm
- Taxpayers continue paying to bus students to private school - 12:17 pm updated: 1:27 pm.
- BoE struggling to find building direction - 4:30 pm
- REC use complicated, controversial - 4:24 pm
- Calls for better use of energy conservation, efficiency fund - 4:18 pm
- POWER PLAY: Bitterness lingers over electric utility rebate distribution - 4:13 pm
OPL won’t boycott fair despite Confederate flag sales
Oberlin librarians won’t boycott the Lorain County Fair this year over Confederate flag sales.“Our mission is education and enlightenment,...
Pittsfield body identified, killer pleads guilty
A fourth life sentence has been handed down to murderer Michael York, convicted July 15 in a 14-year-old cold case killing.York, 48, of West Virginia,...
Why is outdoor fitness equipment still wrapped up?
Jason Hawk | Oberlin News-TribuneNew outdoor exercise equipment in the 200 block of South Main Street from the recreation department will be ready for...
Underground economy: Halloween coffin-maker enjoys hobby
Halloween coffin-maker John Williams said it just a hobby, but he’s doing stiff business.His wares caught our eye as we drove past his home at 4...
Police: Assault suspect fought with officers
A Lakewood man is accused of fighting with police outside a home at 101 King St., Oberlin, about 6:40 p.m. last Thursday.Police said Daniel Cross beca...
New phase of Underground Railroad Center work moves ahead
Construction continues around the future Oberlin Underground Railroad Center.Amherst-based Don Mould’s Plantation is receiving up to $242,000 fo...
Doane sets personal record at PAC championships
Senior Jillian Doane defended her title in the 300-meter hurdles last Thursday at the Patriot Athletic Conference championship track meet.She glided h...
Who speaks for the trees?
Ever since I was a child perched high in the maple tree in our suburban back yard in New York, I have admired trees.When I was in third grade, I wrote...
BASEBALL: Boys pick up a Senior Night win over the ‘Cards
The Phoenix baseball team was victorious last Tuesday on Senior Night against the Brookside Cardinals, 6-4.Brookside scored two runs in the top of the...
SOFTBALL: Rivas grabs 7 K’s as Phoenix bow out at districts
Six errors and only four hits last Thursday cost the fifth-seeded Phoenix girls the opportunity to defeat the second-seeded Elyria Catholic Panthers i...
WRAP-UP: This week in Phoenix sports
SOFTBALLA grand slam in the fourth inning Monday by junior Olivia Pfeifer sealed a 10-0 for the Phoenix over the Lutheran West Longhorns.The junior ca...
SOFTBALL: Second place at JB Firestone tournament
Northwestern was the only team that stood in Oberlin’s way Saturday from being the champions at the Black River JB Firestone tournament.The Lady...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Grafton prisoners’ powerful art on exhibit at Kendal
Art works. And so do the prisoners at the Grafton Correctional Institute and Grafton Reintegration Center who spend time on what they would call ̶...
Exhibit: ‘Three Printmakers… Under Pressure’
Works by artists Rosalyn Gaier, Maria Kaiser, and Fabiana Olivier are hanging at the Kendal Gallery through March 28 in an exhibit called “Three...
CVS to stock over-the-counter naloxone
The Oberlin CVS pharmacy on Rt. 58, along with 318 other Ohio locations, will start selling naloxone over the counter in late March, the company has a...
YMCA offers diabetes prevention program for our readers in Lorain County
Eighty-six million Americans have prediabetes and only nine million are aware of it, says the YMCA. Are you one of these people?If so, the YMCA is off...
Oberlin PD to launch community liaison program in 2016, helping agencies overcome difficulties
When custody battles and threatening phone calls pose problems, civic agencies should have a trusted advisor to turn to in the law enforcement communi...
Festival brings memories of old theater days
Once again I am in awe of Paul Moser and the Oberlin Summer Theater Festival.For several years now we have been graced with quality productions perfor...
Which slogan do you embrace?
To the editor:Trump’s slogan is “Make America Great Again.” Clinton’s seems to be “Make America Much Greater.”Both...
Non-traditional bike parking needed
To the editor:Many residents of Oberlin ride bicycles, but some of us ride non-traditional (non-standard-sized) bikes, including three-wheeled adult b...
Pokemon may be the medicine we need
I am playing Pokemon Go and I am not ashamed.Why? Because this has been a mess of a year so far, especially if you’re attuned to the news worldw...
THEIR VIEW: No-vacation nation strains workers, economy
If your idea of a vacation is watching a live-stream of the sun setting along the beach from an iPhone app, stand in line.Or, actually, sit behind a d...
Convention needs to be more than pep rally for GOP
The hugs, handshakes, and energizing sound bites that have become the hallmarks of national political conventions won’t be enough.The Republican...