Oberlin city council approves purchase of two police vehicles despite resident concerns
Oberlin Phoenix tab Jesse Robinson as varsity football head coach
High winds wreak havoc across area
The Oberlin Project ready to move on to next chapter as it prepares to close office
- POLICE REPORTS - 1:30 pm updated: 1:30 pm.
- Oberlin city council approves purchase of two police vehicles despite resident concerns - 12:54 pm
- Gyorody to oversee some of AMAM’s most famous works - 12:19 pm
- Taking the health care case to Jordan - 11:58 am
- Funding loss, rising costs close Ohio Dance Theatre - 10:41 am updated: 10:42 am.
- Oberlin police aim to reduce idling time and emissions of patrol vehicles - 9:55 am
- View Story - 9:40 am
- One dead, two others hospitalized after Camden crash - 1:27 pm
- Kristian Smith hired to lead JVS Adult Career Center - 12:54 pm
- Cards can now be used online to pay utility bills - 12:44 pm
- Langston Middle School staff searching for information on fallen memorial tree for Robert Jimison - 2:57 pm
- Oberlin city council eliminates design review subcommittee - 2:49 pm
- Philanthropist, Ford Foundation president Darren Walker to speak at Oberlin College commencement - 12:03 pm
- Eastwood Elementary teachers speak out against possible teacher reduction - 11:09 am
- Columbia Gas begins gas main replacement project in Oberlin - 3:20 pm
- From drugs to stress, learn how to help your kids - 2:44 pm
- Be wary of tax time scam artists - 1:34 pm
- REPORT: Shooting threat made on Lake Ridge bus route - 11:48 am
- POLICE REPORTS - 11:07 am
- 25 years of Dance Diaspora - 10:44 am
- CPR certification crucial for JVS students - 10:12 am
- Math and masonry go hand in hand - 11:32 am
- Oberlin city council expected to eliminate design review subcommittee Monday night - 8:44 am
- Oberlin Phoenix tab Jesse Robinson as varsity football head coach - 3:35 pm updated: 6:36 pm.
- PHOTOS: Future chefs kick it up a notch - 1:41 pm updated: 1:41 pm.
Cards can now be used online to pay utility bills
The city of Oberlin has started accepting online credit and debit card payments for utility bills.A small bank processing fee will apply. Credit and d...
Oberlin city council eliminates design review subcommittee
City council voted to disband the design review subcommittee at Monday night’s meeting.The decision wasn’t a complete surprise, as council...
Philanthropist, Ford Foundation president Darren Walker to speak at Oberlin College commencement
Lawyer, investment banker, and nonprofit executive Darren Walker has been tapped to speak May 22 at Oberlin College’s commencement ceremony on T...
Eastwood Elementary teachers speak out against possible teacher reduction
Any cuts to Eastwood Elementary staff are unacceptable, teachers made clear last week to the Oberlin board of education.The outcry came in response to...
Columbia Gas begins gas main replacement project in Oberlin
Columbia Gas has started a yearlong gas main replacement project on the northern side of Oberlin.Work began last week on East Lorain Street near Artin...
BASEBALL PREVIEW: Phoenix hope dedication makes up for youth
Ninth-year coach Lynn Gray said he “lost half his team” following a mass exodus of seniors, including leading hitters Sam Wilson and Elija...
BASEBALL PREVIEW: Falcons want to build on playoff win, reclaim Patriot Athletic Conference crown
Last year’s season-ending 2-1 playoff loss to Padua was, for the Firelands Falcons, a moment of deja vu.It was the second year in a row the team...
Cold shooting night dooms Oberlin Phoenix in district final against Northwestern
Since their freshmen year, the seniors on Oberlin’s boys basketball team have struggled with shooting early in games. Usually though, the Phoeni...
BOYS BASKETBALL: No quarter for Rittman, Phoenix head to finals
Photos by Russ Gifford | Oberlin News-TribuneDefense, defense, defense — the Phoenix proved Monday that the best way to win is to never let thei...
BOYS BASKETBALL: Oberlin presses past Norwayne, 73-45
The first step of the journey is in the books.It didn’t take long for Oberlin to find its post-season footing and get back to the business of wi...
Oberlin Phoenix aim to hire right coach for football program
The Phoenix are looking for their third football coach in three years.This time around, Oberlin plans to take its time and hire the right person for t...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
‘Oberlin Through Brown Eyes’ to record oral histories
The everyday experiences of black Oberlinians are of tremendous value and ought to be preserved for future generations.That’s what Annessa Olive...
What are you thankful for?
Photos by Jonathan Delozier | Civitas MediaWe traveled to schools in Amherst, Oberlin, and Wellington to ask students what they are grateful for this ...
50 YEARS: Cleve and Marie Canham
Cleve and Marie Canham are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this month. They were wed Nov. 26, 1966, in Davenport, Iowa.They have two childr...
Treasures on display as Oberlin Archives celebrate 50 years
In 1985, Ken Grossi visited the Oberlin Archives for the first time.He was a graduate student at Case Western University, conducting research on the f...
Artist Stephen Tomasko exhibits at Kendal Gallery
Photographs, graphite drawings, and encaustic paintings by artist Stephen Tomasko will be on display from March 29 to May 16 at the Kendal Gallery.The...
Peace church celebrates two milestones in 2016
Peace Community Church is celebrating two anniversaries this year: The congregation was founded 150 years ago as the First Baptist Church of Oberlin o...
Rescuing Herbie, remembering Luke
There was that big old hole in my heart, then along came Herbie.No one can ever replace my dear Luke, my boy, my sweet dog who we lost so suddenly las...
Warning: Your privacy is at stake
Maybe your microwave isn’t spying on you. Perhaps your toaster isn’t plotting nefarious acts.But don’t take off the tin-foil hat jus...
Some advice on nice, thick stews
I went to a senior citizens’ luncheon recently at Bethany Lutheran church. The church ladies served a delicious, creamy bratwurst stew.I asked f...
Don’t let AmeriCorps be defunded
To the editor:Oberlin has a certain reputation because of the college, but we know it’s also a town where people just happen to live. People rai...
Fascist states and Trump’s America: the parallels
Professor Annemarie Sammartino of the Oberlin College history department gave a wonderfully organized and lucid lecture at Kendal at Oberlin on the af...
Trump budget is ‘incredible cruel’
To the editor:I spoke with Rep. Jim Jordan’s office on Thursday and extended an invitation for him to join me on my Friday Meals on Wheels deliv...