Noncitizen rights affirmed as Oberlin council opposed Trump order
DAUNTED BY DEVOS: From vouchers to grizzly bears, confirmation raises alarms here in Lorain County
Krislov named president of Pace University
DEATH TOLL AT FOUR A WEEK
Gas line replacement project to begin soon
- Journey ‘Around the World in Three Days’ at Oberlin Heritage Center mini-camp - 1:17 pm
- Playground Experience fees to double this summer - 10:43 am
- Oberlin council: Choice Fund set up to allow REC rebate donations - 10:02 am
- Newly acquired Brett Weston photos on view at the Allen Memorial Art Museum - 3:58 pm
- Young business pros heading to state - 3:13 pm
- Oberlin school board votes to eliminate busing to Lake Ridge Academy for 2017-2018 school year - 8:56 am updated: 12:04 pm.
- Noncitizen rights affirmed as Oberlin council opposed Trump order - 10:02 pm
- Spurred by firefighter’s death, Wellington cops go after drunk drivers - 4:38 pm
- DAUNTED BY DEVOS: From vouchers to grizzly bears, confirmation raises alarms here in Lorain County - 1:45 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 12:50 pm
- Oberlin law director looking into issue with city’s design review subcommittee - 11:53 am
- Farmers share brunch with FFA students - 11:39 am
- Number of reported forcible rapes in Oberlin skyrockets - 3:23 pm
- Craving veggies? City Fresh ordering now open online - 2:13 pm
- Taco Bell proposal returns once again - 1:26 pm
- Who are we politically in Lorain County? Shifting winds - 10:39 am
- Pavlik contract extended at Lorain County JVS - 9:38 am
- Historic downtown Oberlin bank clock topples - 1:35 pm
- Kids can have hands-on fun at Lorain County JVS - 12:00 pm
- Oberlin council preps amendment in sanctuary city fight - 2:26 pm updated: 2:26 pm.
- Singing Valentine’s visitors - 4:58 pm
- Where will REC cash go? The choice is yours - 4:37 pm
- Krislov named president of Pace University - 1:55 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 1:13 pm
- Deadly crash defendant hospitalized after suicide texts - 12:37 pm
• Feb. 14 at 10:28 p.m.: A plastic container with suspected marijuana was turned over to police by Oberlin College security.• Feb. 15 at 3...
Oberlin law director looking into issue with city’s design review subcommittee
There’s some question about the validity of action taken by Oberlin’s design review subcommittee, but it’s doubtful it will affect a...
Farmers share brunch with FFA students
A “Brunch with a Farmer” event gave Lorain County JVS students a chance recently to sit down with those already working in the agriculture...
Number of reported forcible rapes in Oberlin skyrockets
Oberlin saw a sharp spike in the number of reported forcible rape offenses in 2016, according to statistics released last week.There were 27 rapes rep...
Craving veggies? City Fresh ordering now open online
Orders are being accepted online for the 2017 City Fresh season, which will run 20 weeks starting June 12.City Fresh is a community building effort th...
Taco Bell proposal returns once again
Well, here we go again — a developer is interested in opening a Taco Bell near the corner of Rt. 58 and Rt. 20.On Feb. 15, Tusing Builders, on b...
GIRLS BASKETBALL: Pirates find rhythm, Phoenix can’t keep up
Senior Emily Zumack’s outstanding leadership and scoring led the Pirates to a 55-22 win Saturday over Oberlin in girls basketball action.Zumack ...
WRESTLING: Forfeits take toll on the PAC mats
The final Patriotic Athletic Conference dual meet of the 2016-2017 wrestling season was held last Thursday at Brookside High School.A depleted Phoenix...
GIRLS BASKETBALL: Offensive non-starter for Phoenix
Strong three-point shooting by the Brookside Cardinals could not be stalled Saturday as they secured a 56-23 victory over the Phoenix in girls basketb...
WRESTLING: Robert Bouchonville boosts record to 31 takedowns, 9 pins
The Phoenix wrestlers dropped two Patriot Athletic Conference dual meets on the road this past week to Stripe division foes Lutheran West 57-14 and Fa...
OB stats-takers honored
Courtesy photoPrior to last Thursday’s dual wrestling match, two senior statisticians, Sarah Parsh (right, four years) and Cora Spurlock (left, ...
WRESTLING: Thomas goes all out on the mats
The Phoenix hosted the Black River Pirates and the Columbia Raiders in a home double dual last Thursday. Prior to the match, two senior statisticians,...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Treasures on display as Oberlin Archives celebrate 50 years
In 1985, Ken Grossi visited the Oberlin Archives for the first time.He was a graduate student at Case Western University, conducting research on the f...
Artist Stephen Tomasko exhibits at Kendal Gallery
Photographs, graphite drawings, and encaustic paintings by artist Stephen Tomasko will be on display from March 29 to May 16 at the Kendal Gallery.The...
Peace church celebrates two milestones in 2016
Peace Community Church is celebrating two anniversaries this year: The congregation was founded 150 years ago as the First Baptist Church of Oberlin o...
Allen museum presents first U.S. retrospective of Reigl
The first retrospective exhibition by a U.S. museum of the work of Hungarian artist Judit Reigl is underway through May 29 at the Allen Memorial Art M...
Three advance to state management competition
Three Lorain County JVS students placed in the recent District 8 DECA competitions at the Tri-C East Campus in Cleveland.Marketing management students...
Grafton prisoners’ powerful art on exhibit at Kendal
Art works. And so do the prisoners at the Grafton Correctional Institute and Grafton Reintegration Center who spend time on what they would call ̶...
Italian seasonings and sweet desserts
The basic seasonings for Italian dishes are oregano, garlic, and bay leaves.I use a lot of garlic in mine. I use garlic salt in most of my food I made...
Choosing precise words is important
One of my favorite quotes: “The president likes smart people who disagree with him,” said White House Chief of Staff Leo McGarry on “...
PR push for energy credit contributions isn’t fair
To the editor:The Oberlin city council wants to establish a Community Choice Fund to receive donations from credits it would begin giving on electric ...
Sustainability is up to the Oberlin public now
To the editor:We will soon begin circulating petitions to put on the ballot in the next general election a referendum on amending the ordinance establ...
Standing up to Russia
Recently we sent a clear, bipartisan message to President Donald Trump that we should strengthen – not weaken – Russian sanctions, and tha...
Helping Habitat for Humanity help more Ohioans
I’m a strong supporter of the work that Habitat for Humanity and their 55 affiliates do across Ohio. Habitat provides about 5,000 homeownership ...