Steve Dupee named Wellington village manager
First votes cast, you can vote now too
Governator on clean energy: ‘Do it! Do it now!’
Cops out of leads in Davis homicide
Up to 40K could cast absentee ballots in LC
- History walks planned for Oberlin College Parents Weekend - 10:57 am
- Student artists brighten plows as cold weather moves in - 9:46 am
- ON YOUR BALLOT: Oberlin Democrat challenges Republican congressman - 9:36 am updated: 9:38 am.
- Most are critical of NEXUS pipeline at EPA mtg. - 9:07 am
- Early voting was quick, painless, not rigged - 12:46 pm
- Messy rollover: Truck filled with garbage overturns - 8:02 pm
- Anti-NEXUS group stands with Sioux - 2:25 pm
- Slave rescue of 1858 celebrated in play - 12:10 pm updated: 12:10 pm.
- Underground Railroad project delayed - 11:40 am
- Oberlin city manager could be chosen Thursday from pool of six finalists - 11:24 am
- Tree clean-up money approved - 11:00 am
- POLICE REPORTS - 9:25 am updated: 1:35 pm.
- Turn in old drugs, keep them out of the wrong hands - 11:11 am updated: 11:14 am.
- Illuminate campaign raises $317 million - 10:37 am
- LifeShare makes a plea for blood donations - 9:44 am
- Student-built sign unveiled at JVS - 9:39 am
- Steve Dupee named Wellington village manager - 8:44 am
- Two from Firelands going to FFA nationals - 10:05 am
- FOOD FOR AMERICA: Kids get a taste of farm life - 9:05 am
- First votes cast, you can vote now too - 10:41 am updated: 10:44 am.
- ON THE ISSUES: Politicos make their cases for Nov. 8 - 2:59 pm
- POLICE REPORTS - 2:55 pm
- Protestors: Don’t celebrate American Indian genocide - 12:27 pm
- Military and first responders honored at Firelands - 12:20 pm
- Ninde Scholars celebrate start of school year - 12:40 pm
- Home improvement money available to stabilize neighborhoods - 10:54 am
- Governator on clean energy: ‘Do it! Do it now!’ - 10:37 am updated: 2:17 pm.
- McKibben: Massive action needed to prevent climate catastrophe - 10:20 am
- Annual JVS event thanks residents for support - 10:02 am
- Obstacle course tests JVS driver readiness - 9:58 am
- Toddlers lives in jeopardy after West Road pool incident - 12:23 pm
- Cyclist helps pull driver from rolled truck - 11:37 am updated: 11:40 am.
- POLICE REPORTS - 3:27 pm updated: 3:27 pm.
- Switch would mark more East Lorain, Orchard properties residential - 2:36 pm
- Cops out of leads in Davis homicide - 2:23 pm
- Oberlin city manager search grinds on - 2:08 pm updated: 2:41 pm.
- Underground oil tank, contaminated soil removed by EPA - 3:01 pm
- Colorful glass landscapes on display at Kendal - 2:47 pm
- Up to 40K could cast absentee ballots in LC - 2:23 pm
- PHOTOS: Saturday’s Hootenanny was a hoot - 9:39 am
- Woman climbs from window of flipped car on wet Camden Twp. road - 1:48 pm
- SPECIAL REPORT: Is your vote safe from hackers? - 1:29 pm
- Investigation clears Oberlin officer of harassment allegations - 9:35 am
- Boom was truck hitting pole - 9:29 am
- Veil pulled back on aging buildings during tour - 1:33 pm
- Study: Lorain County leads Ohio in deer-vehicle crashes - 11:16 am
- Treasures on display as Oberlin Archives celebrate 50 years - 10:05 am
- Commission member: Inside measurements discourage home building - 9:11 am
- Car driver charged in crash with school bus - 9:08 am
- Scouts pitch in with storm relief - 10:59 am
Oberlin city manager could be chosen Thursday from pool of six finalists
A new city manager could be named soon.Oberlin city council members plan to interview five candidates in private next Tuesday and Wednesday. Finalists...
Tree clean-up money approved
Evan Goodenow | Oberlin News-TribuneTree removal from a harsh Sept. 10 storm cost $41,000. Oberlin city council members on Monday approved the payment...
• Oct. 10 at 8:34 p.m.: A man reportedly stole a television from Wal-Mart.• Oct. 11 at 7:58 p.m.: Responding to a breaking and entering co...
Turn in old drugs, keep them out of the wrong hands
A prescription drug turn-in day will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 22, organized by the Lorain County Drug Task Force.This program k...
Illuminate campaign raises $317 million
The goal was ambitious and unprecedented for an Oberlin College fundraising campaign: to raise $250 million over seven years.Yet 18 months ahead of sc...
LifeShare makes a plea for blood donations
Hurricane Matthew has significantly impaired the ability for blood centers in the southeast to collect what patients need, and LifeShare Community Blo...
FOOTBALL: Falcons mount ground offensive, take down Dukes
Two hundred yards of rushing offense is a good day. Three hundred is a very good day.Racking up 468, though, is something a still maturing team can ha...
Giesbrecht crowned queen at Open Door
Courtesy photoHannah Giesbrecht, daughter of Scott and Ramona Giesbrecht of Oberlin, was crowned queen Sept. 30 at Open Door Christian School’s ...
FOOTBALL: Clearview romps over Oberlin 43-13
Bad defense and turnovers Friday caused the Oberlin Phoenix to fall 43-13 to the Clearview Clippers.Clippers running back Drew Engle strung out the Ph...
Topsy-turvy volleyball action goes to Phoenix
Photos by Russ Gifford | Civitas MediaIn a story spelled out across five tense sets, the Oberlin Phoenix took home a victory during a visit last Thurs...
Phoenix squeak out win in 5
Photos by Russ Gifford | Civitas MediaIt took five sets for Oberlin to emerge victorious Tuesday night over Black River in varsity volleyball action. ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Three advance to state management competition
Three Lorain County JVS students placed in the recent District 8 DECA competitions at the Tri-C East Campus in Cleveland.Marketing management students...
Grafton prisoners’ powerful art on exhibit at Kendal
Art works. And so do the prisoners at the Grafton Correctional Institute and Grafton Reintegration Center who spend time on what they would call ̶...
Exhibit: ‘Three Printmakers… Under Pressure’
Works by artists Rosalyn Gaier, Maria Kaiser, and Fabiana Olivier are hanging at the Kendal Gallery through March 28 in an exhibit called “Three...
CVS to stock over-the-counter naloxone
The Oberlin CVS pharmacy on Rt. 58, along with 318 other Ohio locations, will start selling naloxone over the counter in late March, the company has a...
YMCA offers diabetes prevention program for our readers in Lorain County
Eighty-six million Americans have prediabetes and only nine million are aware of it, says the YMCA. Are you one of these people?If so, the YMCA is off...
Who are the Kochs?
To the editor:Fred Koch Sr., chemical engineer and very able young man, helped both Germany and Russia in the 1930s to develop and expand their oil re...
Dupee’s service has been appreciated
To the editor:The news that Steve Dupee has been appointed city manager in Wellington is a happy moment for him but sad for Oberlin. Many times I have...
The war isn’t working, time to decriminalize
“What do you mean you teach them to use drugs?”Allison laughed. She knew my American eyes would pop out of my American skull when she desc...
Two-night minimum is unwelcome change
To the editor:I have participated in the Red Flannel Metric Century bicycle ride for the past two years and I really enjoyed the event and the overall...
Holidays approach, hunters prepare
Holiday season is here, first Halloween, then Thanksgiving, and finally Christmas and New Year’s. I got some unfinished wreaths at a friends gar...